Parmigiani

Parmigiani
Take me to the Parmigiani blog!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Omega Post Basel 2012 Press Lunch

Omega Press Lunch at Forlino to show the BaselWorld 2012 novelties.

Omega organized an event to showcase the new products announced in this year's BaselWorld. As I did not go to Basel this year, I attended the Press Lunch with my friends from Watchonista who were visiting from Lausanne then- Alex and Marco.

Thanks to David Ponzo of Swatch Group for being so kind to extend the lunch to them at short notice.

My general impression is that this year, Omega has done a nice crop of products. Amongst those which caught my eye that afternoon...

But first the vintage Omegas spotted...a beautiful Speedmaster in a tonneau case

Not really vintage, but an older one...a Proplof and a Seamaster

And the novelties...the Moonwatch Apollo XVII 40th Anniversary Limited Edition model. 1972 pieces with 925 silver dial embosssed with the Apollo XVII patch.

And the watch which caught my eye...a quartz timepiece, no less.

Space,aster Z-33 in a titanium case, with transreflective LCD on black ground with red segments. The LED backlight lumonisity adapts automatically to ambient lighting.

Very cool, with the retro 1970s style bezel.

No comments: