Parmigiani

Parmigiani
Take me to the Parmigiani blog!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laurent Ferrier Gallet Tourbillon: detailed photographs to demonstrate good finishing in a watch movement

I wrote about Laurent Ferrier's Gallet Tourbillon before. See this post for the earlier post.

I caught up with Laurent and his crew in Geneva during the recent GTE where he was showing a peek-a-boo dial...which features a fan shaped opening on the dial which opens to reveal a favourite picture...painted by no other than Anita Porchet in enamel. But what still captivated my attention is the original Gallet Tourbillon.



Here I feature three additional focus stacked images of this amazing watch. Focus stacking is by Helicon Focus.



A closer look at the tremendous finishing of the movement:



And a final shot showing the depth of the tourbillon escapement:

No comments: